Thursday, July 28, 2011

I decided to put down a few things that my little Div has been saying. She is priceless.

She learned the following in her 1st grade class.

"Your lungs push the food down to your stomach. If you have no brain you are mostly dead. Your intestines push the food out your butt and vagina."

Sounds like she is learning a lot in her class. Taking it all in.

After the first day of swimming class she said,

"Mom, there are 9 boys in the class and I'm the only girl." My response was, "Now you'll have a lot of boyfriends." She said, "Mom, only two of them are hot." She's 7. This is what happens when you have older siblings.

So Div says to me, "I'm going outside in the middle of the night to fight spies." "Um, no you're not." "But MOM don't you want me to save the world." "No, not really."

Div answered the door the other day and the thirteen year old boy neighbor was standing outside. She says, "Lou's at volleyball camp, Babe is at swimming, want to play with me". His reply, "Um, no thanks."

Div asked to go outside in 96 degree weather by herself. I tried to talk her out of it, but she was persistent. She said, "Mom, no robbers are going to get me." So I let her go. She lasted about 3 minutes. She came in and said, "See, no robbers got me."

I love this kid. She keeps me on my toes. When she is a teenager it will probably kill me, but I wouldn't ask for anything else.

No comments: