Monday, April 5, 2010

The F.B.I. Can't Find Me

Our Easter was great this year!!! Although we are not able to share the holidays with our family, we try to make them special. We had a lot of fun this time!

We took a morning bike ride together as a family (which is a treat because Lou is getting to the age when she wants alone time and doesn't want to hang with the family. Very sad.), went to Starbucks, and then brought an Easter basket with a box of chocolates and a bear with bunny ears across the street to the retirement home and delivered it to my friend Beuhlah. She loved it!!! It was so special to share a moment with her, because like us she doesn't have family in the area. While we were there we saw many of the residents decked out in all their finery for the Easter holiday. There were bright spring colors, Easter hats, and suits. As we were walking through the building Div was stopping to say, "Happy Easter" to everyone. They loved it! She is such a sweetheart. At one point she stood at the top of the stairs overlooking the dining room and yelled out "Happy Easter, Everyone!". It was wonderful. The girls bring a lot of sunshine into the residents' lives. I was fortunate to run into the lady that I bugged tried to talk into playing golf. She gave me a warm heartfelt hug. I loved it! I am so fortunate to be able to have so many fantastic oldsters in my life. They make me so happy and I hope I give them a smile when we spend time together.

The girls had fun dyeing eggs. We have a lot of eggs to eat.

This year we celebrated Easter dinner with several friends. It was a fabulous evening!

Whenever we go to potlucks I always bring my 7-layer salad. It takes a bit of time to make - frying bacon, boiling eggs, chopping vegetables, and I usually lose some flesh. My mom says I am not allowed to make the salad without an adult present.

Which reminds me, I was slicing tomatoes recently and I was using the mandolin without the guard and cut part of the tip of my finger pad off. I said some very colorful language, actually, I think it was the first time I've ever dropped the F-bomb in front of one of my kids. I jumped around a lot and immediately put a paper towel over it. I checked to see if it was bleeding every 15 seconds and wouldn't you know it, it always was. Lou asked me where the rest of my finger was and I turned over the mandolin and it was stuck to the back. It looked huge. I wanted to take a picture of it for this blog, but Freddy kinda got grossed out by it and washed it down the drain. The FBI will have a difficult time identifying me by my fingerprints.

Anyway, I went to my friend's house and brought my salad. At dinner time my friend, Mathilda, said "Oh, great, my salad!". Little Divy said, "That is not your salad. My mommy made it. It is her salad."

While we were sitting around visiting, Freddy was reclining in the straight back chair. He got up to go into the kitchen and Mathilda's mom sat down in it. Divy went over and told her, "You can't sit there. That is my dad's seat." Chris actually got up and went to a different seat because the five year old was standing there with arms crossed tapping her foot. She watches out for her mom and dad.

Babe had a spill on the way to the park and banged up her knee and hip. Lou ran back to the house to tell us she was hurt and then went back to check on her without shoes on. Then she walked to the park without shoes on. I always tell the girls to wear shoes so their dirty feet don't get all over my house and I worry about glass and stubbing your toe. When Lou got back Mathilda and Jim cleaned her feet without me knowing. When we were leaving Mathilda said it was a bummer there were two injuries. I was confused because I knew about Babe's but I didn't know about the other. I guess Lou had stubbed her toe and cut it. What did I say? Momma knows best!

No comments: