if you're clothes are clean (for the most part, stains are a part of the outfit), no visible holes (those darn tights and toes) and it covers all the personal "places" of your body then anything goes.My thoughts are that if my child stays away from drugs, doesn't get pregnant before she's out of high school, doesn't do anything that will land her in jail, doesn't pierce anything too private or disgusting in my mind (the tongue) and is, for the most part, respectful then she can wear whatever she likes and have her own personal style. I'm all for wearing all black, wearing a Halloween costume in March, not matching your pants to your shirts, wearing your hair with one ponytail sticking straight up in your bangs as long as she follows the above rules, which by the way, I can add to as needed.
With that in mind. Div's teacher has told me that they look forward to seeing what kind of outfit Div will be wearing each day. She often puts together an outfit and then comes downstairs and asks me if I think she's beautiful. How can you say no to that sweet little face?
So, I've decided to take pictures of the particularly impressive outfits that she wears each week and post them here. Let's call it "Tres Chic".
In this beautiful piece, she is prepared for any kind of weather. She has the long sleeve shirt with tights and a pair of shorts. It was 35 degrees out that day. She finished off the outfit with a pair of lilac snow boots.That was a special day because you should take note that these particular tights did not have holes in the toes. Bonus.
This is also a new pose for her. She usually stands with her hands on her waist, hip cocked, head to the side and that "Look how cute I am" smile. She's mixed it up a bit.

This lovely ensemble has a floral and pink theme. Div is also accessorizing with Misty, the cat. We use real animal fur in this family, preferably still on a living animal.

This was taken around Christmas and it's actually a quite "normal" outfit.

Welcome to the 80's!!!
1 comment:
Oh how I miss see the fashion statements of all your children! :) Great photos!
Post a Comment